Yachad/NJCD staff meet with each potential employee individually to determine his or her unique abilities and employments goals. Job development is then geared specifically toward every individual, so that they find the job that is right for them.
After employees are placed in their jobs, Yachad/NJCD continues to provide intensive support for the first 3 months they are working, and ongoing support for as long as they stay working. Yachad/NJCD clients are encouraged to call our staff at any time. We is committed to making sure that their clients not only find jobs, but continue to work successfully.
Yachad/NJCD Vocational Services Admission Criteria
Yachad/NJCD does not discriminate based on race, religion, or creed. All members must have a documented disability. For OPWDD programs, onset of disability must be before age 21. In order to be accepted to the vocational services department, the individual must meet the following standards:
- Individuals must be 18 or over
- Individuals must have a documented disability
- Individuals must live in New York State and be willing to work in or near New York City
- Individuals must be able to travel independently or be willing to be travel trained
- Individuals must demonstrate a motivation to work, as assessed by the Vocational Services staff
- Individuals must be willing to get a job that requires traveling
- Individuals must be open to more than one type of job
- Individuals must have realistic expectations in terms of the job that they are able to get based on their education and experience
- Individuals must have a realistic salary expectation
Yachad/NJCD strives to enhance the life opportunities of people with special needs and to insure their participation in the full spectrum of communal life.
For more information on how the Department of Job Placement and Vocational Resources can help you find a job to meet your unique needs and abilities, please contact Michael Applebaum at718-859-5402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.