Yachad Morris Sandelbaum High School Fellowship
Get a recommendation form here!
This program provides select students who will have completed their junior year of high school the chance to work (as a CIT) in one of Yachad’s various camp programs for one session (approximately three to four weeks) during the summer. Participants will gain intensive leadership training and hands-on experience working for Yachad. Fellows will be supervised by the fellowship program director as well as the individual camp program director, and will have junior counselor responsibilities within the larger framework of the Yachad camp program. The Fellowship will take place in the Yachad camp programs at Camp Nesher, Camp Lavi, Camp Morasha, Camp Moshava, and Camp Mesorah.Fellows will also:
* Participate in one training Shabbaton and one full day training prior to the summer (required)
* Attend periodic meetings and trainings during the summer together with other fellowship participants (required)
* Be invited to be a staff person the following summer*
What is the application process for the Fellowship program?
* Filling out an application- available here.
* Submitting a recommendation form- available here.
* An interview
* Two essays
* Participation at a Yachad Shabbaton (for those who haven’t done so already)
* $500 application fee, returned at the end of the summer*
First round of applications will end December 3rd, 2012. Second round of applications will end February 15th, 2012 (if spots are still available after the first deadline). Limited spots available, so apply now!
*for those who complete the program successfully
For more information, please contact Nechama at email@example.com or 212-613-8369.